Who We Are
“Inspire people with the power of stories.”
Our mission is to make unforgettable experiences that captivate people with the power of storytelling to solve brands’ and advertising agencies’ marketing challenges. We are backed by Hakuhodo DY Group, a top-ten global advertising agency, and video game company SEGA®. We attained additional capital of $2.7M in 2018 and plan to grow rapidly from currently 26 employees to 141 by 2023.
STORIES® creates award-winning branded entertainment by working with our global team of our creators—writers, directors, and art directors—to develop and produce content and campaigns for major brands including Subaru, Mattel, Japan Airlines, Essentia Water, Condé Nast and Marriott Hotels. Our offices are located in Tokyo and Los Angeles. Our CEO, Tomoya Suzuki, has served on the jury at Cannes Lions Entertainment 2017, and Spikes Asia Entertainment 2018. He co-authored the first Cannes Lion Jury written book “The Art of Branded Entertainment (edited by PJ Pereira)” in 2019
Visit www.stories-llc.com for more information about our company.
Creative Producer in Branded Entertainment/ Head of Branded Entertainment
Job Description (Who You Are)
Are you a believer that TV spots are no longer the silver bullet for brands’ challenges? Are you a natural storyteller? Are you a big-vision believer? Are you a thought leader that takes initiative to actively change the advertising communications environment? Are you a self-motivated professional that keeps your word? Are you trusted by the people you have worked with? Are you planning to be independent after working for a major ad agency to change the dynamics of advertising communication from a traditional one to the era of entertainment context-based communication?
If you want to work at a fast-paced, growing, and unique branded entertainment company backed by a major corporation with a venture spirit where your voice matters, this may be your perfect position.
Director (or Executive Producer), Branded Entertainment will play a key role to acquire new advertising/branded entertainment projects from U.S. brands/agencies by working with our Branded Entertainment team to source, develop and oversee execution of projects to solve our Clients’ marketing challenges. So your actual trusted relationships with key players at brands and agencies and experience to sell matter. Come work with us if you want to inspire the world with meaningful branded communication.
- Source, develop, implement, maximize STORIES® INTERNATIONAL’s Branded Entertainment creative and production opportunities
- Acquire new client advertising business from brands and U.S. agencies based on current relationships and fostering new ones
- Maintain existing client advertising business from our Japanese clients for global Branded Entertainment campaigns
- Achieve target Branded Entertainment profit goals by developing and implementing business strategy including identifying strategic partnerships, selling company’s capabilities to clients, and winning bids for marketing and advertising projects
- Oversee the Branded Entertainment team to develop and supervise the execution of branded entertainment projects
- Current and strong relationships with clients including brands and agencies. This is essential—do your clients trust you immensely from past experience?
- 3-5 years’ account executive/account director, branded entertainment, and/or business development experience at a reputable advertising agency, or for an entertainment/production/media company that sources work directly from brands or agencies
- Strong understanding of brand communication. Can you comment on every Cannes Lions-winning project? Do you read Ad Age page-by-page in detail?
- Physical production knowledge and experience
- Strong process management skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, communications, or relevant field required, or equivalent work experience
US office is based in Culver City. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Film & TV Development Internship (Summer)
Seeking Summer Interns for STORIES® INTERNATIONAL, subsidiary of legendary video game publisher SEGA® and Hakuhodo DY Group, seventh largest ad agency worldwide. We are a production and literary management company that works with A-list filmmakers to produce adaptations of SEGA® video games and Japanese stories as English-language feature film and television franchises for a worldwide audience, including SHINOBI, ALTERED BEAST, GOLDEN AXE, and STREETS OF RAGE. We are currently looking for development interns, Bilingual (fluent, Japanese- and English-speaking and writing) not required but a plus. A strong interest in video games, books, film and television and Japanese culture is a must. Otaku welcome. Interns will have the opportunity to read feature film and television scripts from Hollywood, watch and read Japanese content for English-language adaptation, as well as gain exposure to a multinational production company and practical training that could apply to a career in Film & TV. Great opportunity for aspiring writers and producers. Minimum 2-3 days a week. School credit only. US office is based in Culver City. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Branded Entertainment Production / Post / Marketing / Design Internship (Summer)
Seeking Summer Production / Post / Marketing / Design Interns for STORIES® INTERNATIONAL, subsidiary of SEGA® and seventh largest ad agency Hakuhodo DY Group. We are a production and literary management company that is adapting SEGA® video games and Japanese stories as English-language feature film, television and digital projects for a worldwide audience. We produce branded entertainment and are currently looking for production, post-production, marketing and design interns for this department. Interns will have the opportunity to learn the ropes of the branded entertainment and commercial production, post-production, marketing, and design process on our projects, as well as exposure to a multinational production company and practical training that could apply to a career in producing, editing, directing, marketing, art directing, copywriting, creative directing, and design. Great opportunity for aspiring editors, directors, marketing executives, advertising executives, and designers. Eye for aesthetic and design is key. Minimum 2-3 days a week. School credit only. US office is based in Culver City. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org